Madrid, 25 March 2020. The ARAP Coordination Unit office is closed to the public but we are still working together with our partners during the Corona pandemic. We are working remotely to ensure continuity of our support to promote good governance, in order to enhance accountability and strengthen anti-corruption efforts across the country.
During the period of CODVID 19, we need to demonstrate that the health and wellbeing of everybody in Ghana, including our stakeholders, is of importance to us. In times such as this, communication and Information-sharing are crucial to ensure that all stakeholders are well-informed, well-educated and conversant with the most appropriate practices and precautionary measures to be taken to maintain everybody’s safety.
- Avoiding close contact with people who are sick. If you are sick, stay home and
- practice “social distancing.”
- Avoiding gatherings of 10 or more people.
- Washing your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60 percent alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Avoiding touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Covering your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, then discarding the tissue.
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces.
For the latest updates and information, visit:
- World Health Organization
- European Union
- European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control
- CDC Youtube channel with short explanatory videos on all relevant questions (e.g. should I wear a facemask?)
- For more scientific information about the new coronavirus and COVID-19, see Harvard Medical School’s Coronavirus Resource Center.
- John Hopkins’ Coronavirus Resource Center, incl. an interactive map for global statistics on the spread of COVID-19.
For updates on cases in Ghana:
- Kumasi Center for Collaborative Research in Tropical Medicine (KCCR)
It is time to learn about the situation and the new resources available to us. With confidence, work, and patience, we can come out reinforced.
We are #UnitedAgainstCorruption