Accra, 1 October 2020 – In an effort to continue its support to promote good governance and national reform, in order to enhance accountability and strengthen anti-corruption efforts across Ghana, Strategic Documents have been printed through the EU funded Accountability, Rule of law and Anti-corruption Programme (ARAP), implemented by the Spanish public foundation FIIAPP. These documents were delivered to the following institutions:
- CHRAJ: 5 Year Strategic Plan 2021– 2025
- EPA: Small-scale Mining Compliance Monitoring Software System
- GPS: Gender Policy
- JS: Strategic Plan for the Judiciary and Judicial Service of Ghana 2020-20204
- JS: Judicial Digest
- LAC: National Policy Framework for Legal Aid
The Programme’s overall objective is to promote good governance in Ghana by reducing corruption and improving accountability and compliance with the rule of law. In addition, the Programme is also intended to promote good environmental governance in Ghana.
Ghana has demonstrated strong signs showing its will to fight corruption across the country. A strong anti-corruption legal framework is already in place, as well as established police and judicial initiatives and regulations. Recognising the need to support a more holistic and interconnected approach to fighting corruption, ARAP supports key coordination and information sharing efforts.
The programme comprises the National Commission for Civic Education (NCCE), the Commission on Human Rights and Administrative Justice (CHRAJ), the Ghana Police Service (GPS), Office of the Attorney General (OAG), the Judiciary and Judicial Service (JS), the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the Legal Aid Commission (LAC), the Economic and Organized Crime Organisation (EOCO) and the STAR-Ghana Foundation.
Latest news and events
- ARAP National Stakeholder institutions receive electronic and multimedia equipment
- The European Union donates a Cinema Van to NCCE
- ARAP continues to deliver strategic documents to its Stakeholders
- The Attorney-General and Ministry of Justice hold a training on Corruption, Environmental and Rule of Law Issues