Madrid, 22 May 2020. ARAP Coordination Unit continues to telework from Ghana and Spain during the COVID-19 pandemic. We have updated our Contingency Plan and we continue to promote the use of new technologies. Some of the latest updates:
Relationship and performance with Stakeholders
Constant communication, work, and coordination is maintained with the programme's partner institutions through the digital platforms Zoom and Webex, with regular weekly meetings successfully held with all stakeholders and experts of the programme that guarantee the communication and continuity of the programme's action.
The XV SC scheduled for 28 May 2020 will be held online with the participation of all programme’s partners and the EUD.
Evolution of specific actions:
- The elaboration of the transfer and donation of the digital platforms where the developed systems are hosted to the Institutions has been completed, it is being revised with them as well as elaborating a technical assistance plan from the programme for the administration of the platforms in the next months.
(JS : PRCU – Web Library – EPA:Complains platform – AGO : Case register – Solicitor general platform- GPS : Register – CHRAJ: NACORD )
- Launched the Tender for computer equipment in the process.
- Other bids pending to be launched.
- The contracting of the NCCE (National Commission of Civic Education) web page has begun, in support of the Ghanaian citizenry communication and awareness campaign aimed at informing and raising awareness about the prevention of the COVID-19 virus.
- Upon the conclusion of the Cinema-Van, which supports the activity of the NCCE, the product is being validated by sending technical reports and videos to carry out the technical inspection of the product remotely, and pending its delivery to Ghana when the border restrictions allow it.
- The Second pilot in complaints of the EPA has been reformulated, in accordance with the institution, a priori and pending the evolution of events in the coming months. The work of preparation of the activity is advanced, with the expert who directs it in constant communication with the EPA via telematics.
The manual, which will serve as the basis for this Second pilot, in the way of printing and telematics diffusion, has been completed.
- Progress is being made with the EPA's Legal Unit programme on the investigation of environmental crimes, with specific aspects of the programme being closed by means of telematic meetings with the EPA, as well as a possible timetable for completion, taking into account the e-learning formula being initiated in the programme.
- The compilation of manuals and validated secondary legislation continues pending printing. To date, the process has begun with two LAC codes.
- Implementation of the specific support action in the fight against Covid-19 to contribute to the creation and improvement of a safe and efficient working space by promoting the use of new digital communication and information technologies. The needs have been defined and the system for contracting platforms, equipment, and providing connectivity for the promotion of online work has been implemented.
- The possibility of carrying out online activities has been analysed, the validation of LAC’s strategic plan telematically has been launched by the date. The strategy has been presented by the consultant and online analysis, examination, and evaluation process is being designed for validation with the online institution.
- News related to corruption, transparency, and public accountability in Ghana is being collected and analysed, providing information on how the extraordinary situation of the COVID-19 crisis is affecting these areas.
Internal Programme Planning
- Work is being carried out in the areas and tasks defined in the Contingency Plan by the individuals and experts responsible for them as initially planned. Work in progress.
- Regular weekly meetings have been held, both internally to coordinate the program and with the Stakeholders through Zoom. This tool guarantees the permanent coordination of all the project staff.
- The use of Webex as a secure platform recommended by the EUD is initiated.
- The coordination of the work between FIIAP HQ, CU in Accra, and the Stakeholders of the programme is maintained on a permanent basis with the holding of regular weekly meetings to deal with all the programmatic, logistical and organisational aspects of the programme which continues its activity.
- The technical requirements are being prepared for the next Steering Committee, scheduled for 28 May 2020, to be held virtually. After confirming it with the EUD, the WebEx platform has been contracted, which for security reasons must be used for the development of this meeting.
Relationship and communication with the EU
- The 5th financial report for implementation over the past year has been approved. Also already released the payment of 2,500,000€.
- Permanent contact is maintained with EUD, working at this time on the Addendum for the extension of the deadline for contracting (which ended on 5 July 2020), standardised readjustment of budget items and introduction of a new line of action in support of the effort to combat the effects of COVID-19, has been submitted for approval.
- The work plan for concrete action to support the prevention and fight against the pandemic has been launched, focusing on strong support for the promotion of the maintenance of occupational safety and effectiveness under the circumstances imposed by the COVID-19 pandemic.
The proposal, after closing with the Institutions in view of their needs, has materialized in the support to the partner Institutions in the promotion of prevention and safety, while maintaining the effectiveness, of the working activity under the circumstances imposed by the risks of the pandemic:
- With measures for the development and implementation of new communication and information technologies in the institutions, facilitating online development and teleworking in the institutions as a safe means of providing work during the pandemic (and as a means of working in the future to respond to the foreseeable changes in the way work services are provided).
- Provision of:
- Licenses for online work platforms and e-learning: Cisco- webex and Microsoft Teams.
- Fixed and mobile routers with wide capacity and range in simultaneous connectivity.
- 4G-fibre data connection packages with ample connectivity capacity to numerous devices simultaneously for the routers.
- Support for the improvement of social communication tools: improvement of the functionalities of the NCCE website for use in the COVID-19 education and prevention campaign they are developing.
- With support measures and international good practice guides on safety, hygiene, and prevention in the workplace, as well as guides and good practices on teleworking.
- Concrete action in whose design and implementation plan are involved the TL of the CU, HQ, the KE in Rule of Law and Public education, the Stakeholders and their experts, and IT advisors.
The concrete action outlined to the EUD for incorporation into the programme's action lines will be presented in the next SC.
Given the exceptional nature of the situation in which we find ourselves, the Contingency Plan will be reviewed again in two weeks.
We are #UnitedAgainstCOVID19 #FightTheVirus